How to automatically grade forms using “Flubaroo” (as Add-on in Sheets)*UPDATED with auto-grading option*
(Click here for the official Flubaroo User’s Guide.)
(Click here to see this tutorial in a Google document)
Click here to take a short quiz and experience the awesomeness of Flubaroo’s NEW Auto-grading option. After you click "Submit" check your email after a couple of minutes (you might need to refresh it).
If you haven’t experienced automatic grading with Flubaroo yet, you’re in for a treat. Just imagine marking a class set of tests with the press of a button! And then sending the results to your students within seconds, showing their grade with correct answers and wrong answers OR (NEW), setting it up so that students get their mark within minutes of completing the assignment. Yes, it can be done with Google forms, Google Sheets, and Flubaroo. And while it takes some time to set up, it will save you hours of marking in the long run.
How would I use this as a language teacher? I use multiple choice types of questions for reading comprehension. Here is a form I created to go with the AIM Reader: Prince Veut-Tout and here is one for the AIM play "Boucles Violettes et les trois ours." I also use them for listening comprehension evaluations for the plays we study in the AIM methodology. Click here for a form for Vrai/Faux questions and here for A/B questions. Click here (V/F) and here (A/B) for the voice recordings that go with these forms. Marking these evaluations on paper first of all, is wasteful, and secondly, deadly-dull. (Caution: don’t make your tests too long because students need to finish their form within class time to submit. You cannot save a form part-way. If you have a long test, best to divide into two parts.)
NOTE: if your students have devices with a QR code scanning app like I-nigma, the easiest way for them to access the form you created is for you to make a QR code of the form for them to scan. You can use a QR code creator like the Chrome extension ShortenMe. If your students are on laptops, you can use the ShortenMe Chrome extension to give them a shortened Google link (you can write the shortened link on the blackboard).
Part 1: Creating the form:
- In the new Google Drive, click on “New > More > Google Forms”.
2. You should now see this:
- Give your form a name. Call it “Sample form for Flubaroo”.
4. Now you need to change the first question from the default Multiple Choice, to the “Text” option. Click on “Multiple Choice”:
Then click on “Text”:
5. Question Title: type “First name”: (NOTE: You could just have “Name” here, but I prefer separating first and last names because it’s easier to arrange the data alphabetically after)
Help Text, keep blank. Check off “Required question, then “Done”.
6. You want the next three questions using the same “Text” Question type option. So, click on “Add item”. “Add item” will always add the same type of question you used last.
7. The second question should be “Last name”. Follow instructions as above.
8. Continue like this with two more questions: “Class”, and “Email address”, for a total of 4 questions.
9. Now you can continue adding questions to your form for your quiz. They need to be “Multiple choice”, “Choose from a List” in order for Flubaroo to work. If you want to change the type of question, you need to click on the little arrow:
Then click on the type of question you want (NOTE: Flubaroo works only with Multiple Choice and Choose from a list questions). NEW! Can do text answers too!
NOTE 1: If you want to duplicate a question, click on the “Duplicate” icon:
10. Make sure that all questions in the form have been checked off to “Required”. Click “Done”:
11. When you are finished the form, take a look at the bottom:
Decide what option you want your students to have. You do not need to click “Send form”. It will save automatically. “Send form” is only if you want to send it to someone, either to collaborate on, or to fill out. You would also click this button to get the imbed code.
Part 2: Using Flubaroo to grade forms:
1. If you have some experience with Google forms, you will already know that once responses to a form are submitted, an associated spreadsheet is automatically created. So once you have created the form, go to "View live form" and do the quiz twice: Once correctly, using your own name, and a second time answer some questions incorrectly. You can put any name on the second one, but use your email address so that you can see what the corrected quiz results look like in your email inbox. Click “Submit” at the bottom after each quiz. You need to do these steps before using Flubaroo.
2. Once you click “Submit”, notice that the tab above will say “Thanks!” Click on the X to close it.
- Click on the tab “Sample form for Flubaroo”:
- Click on “View responses”:
- Now you are on the spreadsheet that is linked to your form.
6. Now click on “Add-ons” on the top, then “Get Add-ons”. Search “Flubaroo”, then click on the “+Free” button:
NOTE: You only have to do this once. From now on, it will always be in your sheets Add-ons.
7. Next window “This app would like to…”, scroll to the bottom and click “Accept”.
8. Just “X” out of the next window but don’t exit the spreadsheet.
NOTE: The icons for the form and spreadsheet look similar but are different:
9. Make sure you are on the spreadsheet. You should see two rows of answers. (NOTE: If you don’t see them, make sure that you are on the tab at the bottom called “Form responses 1”.)
Now, still in your spreadsheet, at the top, click on “Add-ons > Flubaroo > Grade assignment”:
You should now see this window:
Make sure that the first four questions are “Identifies student”.
13. Click “Continue”.
14. On the next window, check off your name (with the correct answers), then “Continue”:
15. On the next window click on “View grades”, or just X out.
NOTE: If you see this at any point:
Just click on the Xs. At the bottom of your spreadsheet, click on “Grades”, and you will see the results (it might take a while to load, be patient):
(If necessary, refresh your browser, then click on “Grades”.)
17. There are other things you can do now. Click again on “Add-ons”:
You can Regrade Assignment if you have students who take the test later; you can email grades to the students, and you can view a report of the test. Try them out. Simply amazing!
- If you want to set up the quiz for autograding, click on “Add-ons > Flubaroo > Advanced > Enable Autograde
- Next Window: “Okay”.
- Next Window: “Continue”
- Next Window: Click on correct answers, then “Continue”.
- Next Window, I would check off “Include Answer Key”, then add a message
- Click “Continue”.
- You should see this notification:
- Now trying doing the quiz again, as a student. Click on the form tab at the top:
Then click on “View live form”. Fill out the form and intentionally make mistakes.
- After you click “Submit”, you should receive an email with your quiz results in less than a minute.
Bonus: How to get class average of test results
- Go to your test results spreadsheet (the “Grades” tab)
- Click on the column with the grades to highlight it, then click on the Functions icon and click on “Average”:
- This should show up at the top of the marks column:
- Next to the letters “G”, type in the row number of your first mark, and the row number of your last mark:
- Click “Enter”
- A class average should now appear:
NOTE: If you use the form again for another class (or maybe a subsequent year), you may notice that you can't see any answers in the spreadsheet, this is what you do:
- Click on "Responses"
- Change response destination
- Click on "New spreadsheet", then "Create". You should see the answers now. Before you grade the new answers, delete the ones previously. You cannot delete anything from the marks spreadsheet one the test is graded. This will disable Flubaroo.
Thanks, that's great!ReplyDelete
This is been more easy after following those guidelines to instruct everything with some due respect and hopefully this would indeed bring something good to our own interest.ReplyDelete
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận hoàn kiếmReplyDelete
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận hai bà trưng
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận thủ đức
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận bình thạnh
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận tân phú
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận gò vấp
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận phú nhuận
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận bình tân
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận tân bình
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại đông anh
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói gia lâm
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 1
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 2
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 3
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 4
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 5
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 6
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 7
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 8
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 9
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 10
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 11
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại quận 12
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại hoài đức
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại sơn tây
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại thường tín
tìm thuê dịch vụ kế toán trọn gói tại ứng hòa
Taban puan derdi olmayan üniversiteler arasında yer alan Avrupa Üniversiteleri yaşam standartları bakımından da öğrencilere kolaylık sağlamaktadır. Ukrayna Üniversiteleri taban puanları olmadan üniversite kabulünü gerçekleştirip sizlerin akademik hayatınızda başarılı bir yolda ilerlemenize destek olmaktadırlar. Sadece lise diploması veya meslek yüksek okulu bitirdiğinize dair belge ile sizlerin kabulünüzü sağlayacak olan üniversite sizlere öğrencilik hayatınızda ekonomik olarak da kolaylıklar sağlamaktadır. Pek çok Avrupa ülkesinde üniversite okuma imkanına göre uygun bir bütçe ile yıllık giderlerinizi karşılayabilme olanağınız Ukrayna’da mevcut olacaktır.ReplyDelete
iç mimarlık puanları devlet üniversiteleri
Why users still use to read news papers when in this technologicalReplyDelete
globe all is available on net? 토토사이트
Wow, amazing blog layout! How lengthy have you been runningReplyDelete
a blog for? you make running a blog glance easy. The full glance of your website is great, as neatly as the content material! 온라인경마
I got this web site from my friend who informed me regarding this website and at the moment this time I am visitingReplyDelete
this web page and reading very informative content here. 토토